12 August, 2005

Physicality

After recovering from a marathon day of driving, I was back to the gym today. I covered 2.5 miles in 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer, to the tune of 390 calories, grabbed some weights and worked my arms a bit, and then did the Superman in a phone booth thing before going swimming. The gym closes obscenely early on Fridays, so I had to hustle to get in what I wanted to accomplish. I whipped out my quarter mile in about 16 minutes (a new record for me), and then finished with two laps of kickboard for the old legs. I'm finding that the quarter mile is getting easier and easier, so it looks like its time to up to about 15 laps instead of 9.

On other fronts, while dressing today I noticed that my midriff, while still quite squishy, is starting to have a hint of tone underneath the adiposity. :D My arms are also starting to tone nicely--its rewarding to see the beginnings of some very real results from my labours.

No comments: