07 August, 2005

Drumroll please


Here we go--unveiling the ever shrinking woman...tahdah!


This shot is of my progress thus far: 27 pounds off of my body once and for all. It doesn't seem that long ago I was struggling to reach the ten pound loss mark, and now I'm nearly to the thirty pound milestone. In anticipation of the thirty pound mark I bought this dress which fits quite nicely, and will only look better and better as I continue on towards my goal. This is an 18, but earlier that day I managed to squeeze myself into a size 14 swimsuit...14! The swimsuit stayed at the store because although I could get it on, and it looked halfway decent, I couldn't actually move easily--something thats a must if I'm swimming.

Speaking of swimming, I'm quite proud of myself for having made it to the gym five days last week. This week is significantly more hectic, but I did get in a walk this morning, so that counts for a little something.

Oh, if you get a chance, go out at night and enjoy the Perseid meteor showers. Wendy, a nurse at work, had her annual summer bash a couple of nights ago and we ended up all lying on blankets in the middle of the road watching the stars and some pretty spectactular meteors. The showers won't peak until the 11th and 12th, but there are enough now that you'll see one every 15 minutes or so. BTW, Wendy lives almost at the end of a pretty rural road, so we were in little danger of being run over whilst stargazing, and got to enjoy the heat radiating up from the pavement on our backs. It was quite soothing, and between the company, the beautiful night, and the stellar show, it made for a perfect evening--the kind I wish I could bottle and save to savour again and again.

No comments: