02 August, 2005

Its official--the plateau is no more

Two weeks post plateau...I can actually say that now because the trend on the graph and scale is a definitive DOWN. This morning the scale read 201 which brings me to 26 pounds gone and 1/4 of the way to my goal of 102 pounds off my frame. I can't wait to see the 100s again!

The swimsuit I whined about a few months back is still having fit issues, but now they are of a different sort, and its a very rewarding feeling. When I purchased this two piece tankini with the oh-so-modest skirt, the top fit nicely and the bottom was waaay too tight. These days the top is loose and is always riding up in the front while I swim, and the straps are loose enough to have gravity issues. In short, its at least a size too big. The bottom now fits just about perfectly and the skirt lies flat in the back instead of riding up on my girth enhanced rear. Progress is a wonderful thing. I think my next suit may even lack a skirt--we shall see how brave I am. The new suit is a ways away however, as I can't bring myself to discard this one until the bottom is too large as well, particularly since the chlorine in the pool shortens the life of suits enough as is. I'll juyst have to take in the top.

On other swimming fronts, I can now swim 1/4 mile (9 laps) in just under 20 minutes. Yesterday I was too tired to do a full workout, so I just pumped out my laps, with three pool lengths of butterfly (those are getting easier though I still can't do them consecutively) and followed up with another two laps using a kickboard. I always thought kickboards were for children learning to swim but I was very mistaken. Last week I used one and swam one lap with them--whooowee does that ever target the inner thighs! I was sore for days, albiet a good kind of sore. I tacked on the two laps yesterday and think I'll have to add that to my regular routine. Thighs of jello will eventually no longer be my middle name. *grin*

1 comment:

AsharEdith said...

Way cool!
Congrats!