18 February, 2007

Postponement

I was supposed to be one of the featured performers at a monthly bellydance soirée up in Burlington this evening. Despite the storm being days ago, and the roads relatively clear, it was canceled for that night and postponed for a month because there is just no place to put the snow. Burlington has zilch for parking, all the spots being completely buried in snow, the side roads are horrid, and in all likelihood the audience would be very sparse due to the lack of parking, but its still a bit of a disappointment. Thankfully Mystique called to let me know before I ran through my sword piece six or seven times, and before I started the hours long process of hair and makeup. Getting into costume isn't bad--its the hair and makeup that take forever.



Oh well--I certainly wouldn't want anyone to risk injury to go, and it does give me extra time to choreograph something for the second song I had hoped to use. The new date is the 10th of March, and I'll work on making it extra special, since I would like to dedicate my dance that night to my son for his 18th birthday.

No comments: